How we collect information about you
When you use LipaPay Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, and standard web log data. Standard web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our site. When you use LipaPay Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. If we allow you to link your loyalty card to your LipaPay account in our mobile app, we may require you to provide to us your loyalty card number.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimised sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
In addition, we may collect and store any information you provide us when you use LipaPay Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding LipaPay Services. If you open a LipaPay account or use LipaPay Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or card numbers that you link to your LipaPay account or give us when you use LipaPay Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth, driver’s license number and passport number.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit reporting agencies and identity verification services. If you open a premier or business account or apply for products and services offered to premier and business accounts, we may collect your commercial credit information from a credit reporting agency.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with LipaPay Services. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
We may also collect additional information from or about you from other sources, such as through contact with us, including our customer support team, results when you respond to a survey, and your interactions with members of the LipaPay corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole).
How we use the personal information we collect
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide LipaPay Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- customise, measure, and improve LipaPay Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- perform targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorised by our User Agreement;
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;confirm your identity for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 and assess applications or creditworthiness for premier or business accounts or products and services offered to premier or business accounts with third parties;
- manage our risks and help detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- design products and services.
When you access the LipaPay Services, we (including companies we work with) may place "Cookies" on your computer or other device. Cookies are small data files placed on your device through your web browser, and include “pixel tags” and “Flash” cookies. We use these technologies to:
- recongise you as a customer;
- customise the LipaPay Services, content and advertising;
- measure promotional effectiveness;
- help ensure that your account security is not compromised;
- mitigate risk and prevent fraud;
- promote trust and safety across the LipaPay Services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of the LipaPay Services.
How we protect and store personal information
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including but not limited to the use of third party service providers.
Using Log In with LipaPay
Log In with LipaPay is a tool we’ve developed to improve your Internet experience. Log In with LipaPay allows you to streamline and simplify the account creation and login process when using third-party websites, and it allows these websites to enhance your experience on their sites. Instead of creating multiple usernames and passwords for each website you visit, Log In with LipaPay allows you to sign in to a participating website using your existing LipaPay login information. When you use Log In with LipaPay, you agree that LipaPay can share the information listed on the Log In with LipaPay consent screen or in your Log In with LipaPay account settings with the participating website. Information you allow LipaPay to share with these third-party websites is subject to each third-party’s terms of service and privacy agreement, so you are encouraged to review their policies.